Lox Lane News
April 2019 Update:
We thought it would be good to let you know some of the things which have been going on at Lox Lane over the past year. All exciting, although some less glamorous than others!
Steve & Rachel Scott have been living at Lox Lane for over a year now – they have done a great job as hosts, alongside Andy & Linda East and Jean Knight.
Work done in the last year:
- Replacement of 40 windows and doors. This was a really big project which took place last October. It has made such a difference. We are going to put some photos on the Father’s House Facebook page & ‘The House’ magazine for anyone who hasn’t been to Lox Lane to see them.
- Renovations in the Barn where Steve and Rachel and their family are living.
- Complete electrical inspection and a fire inspection of all the buildings. Installation of a whole new connected Fire Alarm system in the Farmhouse.
- Repair of the Klargester (waste system) in July last year. A very unglamorous but very necessary job.
- And lots of on-going decoration and improvement. Everyone at Lox Lane has contributed to this.
Thanks to everyone who has been generous with their giving, enabling us to accomplish all that we have done this year
Events and groups
- We have run 6 Encounter Weekends over the past 12 months – these continue to give many people the opportunity to find healing and freedom through an encounter with the Father.
- We hosted the ‘Lavish’ Weymouth Children’s camps, over 2 weeks in the Summer – providing the perfect place for a life-changing experience for a 100 children and young adults
- We have hosted many groups from other Churches, as well as families and individuals – receiving great feedback about the welcome, the atmosphere and the cooking! The organiser of one men’s group which come for a weekend every January describes it as a ‘place of grace’.
- We continue to work on upgrading and improving the fabric of Lox Lane.
- We are working hard on marketing to make ourselves more ‘visible’ so we can increase bookings. Essential if we want to move forward with major improvements.
- We are looking at the idea of regularly running our own mid-week events at Lox Lane, with various speakers and themes. Our first was 26th – 30th November 2018, when we had a conference called ‘Running Life’s Marathon with Passion’: A five day study on the book Hebrews by our dear friend Paul Wakely. We believe this was just the beginning….
- Our vision is that in building on the bookings from other groups using Lox Lane as a venue AND beginning to put in place more of our own events we can look forward to planning a much bigger project in the near future! Replacing the Kitchen, Dining room and Meeting rooms – all of which have seen better days. As you can imagine this is indeed a big project!
If the Lord prompts you to invest in the work at Lox Lane that would be great but there is no pressure.
For update from Clive Jackson – September 2017 – click here.
Lox Lane Farm – The Story Continues!
Lox Lane is an exciting venture – and the most exciting news of all is the arrival of Steve and Rachel Scott who have swelled our little community from 3 to 7! Here is what they look like!
We believe that Lox Lane is on the verge of something new, and we want you to feel part of it.
The desire of all our hearts is to see Lox Lane become a life giving and life receiving community that hosts the presence of God and hosts people. We would like it to become a place of prayer and worship, providing a welcome into an atmosphere of life, fun and where visitors and guests alike will encounter God.
Steve and Rachel are living in the Barn next door to us and have already become a part of the Father’s House Family – if you see them, please give them a big welcome hug!
Steve and Rachel have arrived at a perfect time because we are getting busier!
In the past 12 months alone, Lox Lane has hosted 2 Schools of the Heart, six encounter weekends, one Created to Worship school, one Kids Camp, over 500 guests, hundreds more at monthly “refreshing days” and cooked thousands of meals! Over the years, we have hosted visitors from over 40 countries, so the blessing that Lox Lane is has also spread internationally.
Lox Lane was also home to those who joined the first year of the newly launched church internship programme. They are now staying with host families in the church.
So, what practical things have been happening and what is planned? (Lox Lane Farm is 154 years old – so it needs a lot of TLC now and again!)
- Restoration of the “Family Room” in the Farmhouse, with refurbishment in the en suite bathroom – we are so grateful to our friends Rodney and Pat Monks who came from “up north” and worked so hard to restore this room. Other friends, Diarmuid and Linda Lee are also coming to work mornings for 2 weeks.
- Replacement of many of the windows at the Farm – most of which are now beyond repair. We have the quote and are going to step out to get the contractors in before winter to get this essential work done.
- Opening of the Library as a quiet room. This lovely room will be getting a “make–over” and will be opened up for any who just want to come and “be” for an hour (or longer!). There are many books and a quiet atmosphere where self serve tea and coffee will be available from 8am until late every day. (It’s an alternative to Costa – but not the same coffee!)
- Refurbishment of the Bargeboards on the Farmhouse gable end. This essential work will start as soon as possible – once we get a carpenter that is!
- Redecorating of the Farmhouse bedrooms.
Becoming a “Friend of Lox Lane”
Many people who have experienced life here and have been blessed by attending one of the weekends, events or courses have expressed a desire to partner with the Lox Lane community by praying, giving or turning up to help in practical ways. To help facilitate this, we have launched a new initiative “Friends of Lox Lane”.
To find out more, including how to become a friend of Lox Lane, the application form can be downloaded by following the link here .
Most of all, we want you to feel involved and part of this continuing adventure.
Please feel free to contact us if you would like to help in any area.
Andy and Linda East
Lox Lane Hosts.